Need I say more? I have a slight aversion to needles. I cannot look at them, think about them, watch something on TV that has someone having a needle poked in them and especially do not like them being poked into me. Dane will even poke me with his finger and I tend to freak out. I have not had a good relationship with them my entire life. I have fainted at the pediatrician's office growing up when I got me finger pricked. I remember passing out in the shower because I looked at the hole where I had a needle in my arm for some blood work (that also involved a seizure, biting my mom's finger and missing my one and only piano recital but that is a story for another day). I cried for 20 minutes prior to getting a blood test to find out if I was pregnant with Bjorn. And needless to say that there was no way on God's green earth I was going to have an epidural when giving birth as that involves a very large needle in your back and that is just not right.
So needless to say I have not been looking forward to today for a few weeks as it has to do with needles. I set up an appointment for a physical because I haven't had one in quite a few years. I knew going there that I was going to have to have blood drawn (I can do that fairly well now having been pregnant twice) and a tetanus shot as I haven't had one in 14 years ( that I cannot do so well, even when my kids get shots I leave the room). So I didn't sleep very well last night and was getting nauseous all last night. So the time comes for me to have my tetanus shot and I ask to lay down and the nurse tells me she is really good at this. Why do they all think that they are really good at this? I wonder because I know they are not all really good at this from experience. I take a deep breath and she gives me that shot and you know what, she was REALLY GOOD at it! Let me just say that the words "YOU ROCK!" are usually not the first words I think of when a nurse tells me she is going to give me a shot but that is what came out of my mouth as soon as it was done.
So here is to nurses who are really good at shots and to another 10 years of being shot free!
Cinnamon Roll Bubble Bites
4 months ago
1 comment:
yes, needles are really no good for you...glad you finally found a nurse who "ROCKS"...did you get her name and number (you should have her on speed dial, just in case!)
Post a Comment