Today is the day Dane returns home from Atlanta. He is somewhere in the middle of Kansas right now and we are so looking forward to seeing him in a few hours. Anders has a plan of running up to him and giving Dane a big hug when he gets home.
I am so excited to see him and have him here for a few weeks for sure. In honor of his return home here are the top five reasons I love not being a single mom,
5. I don't have to vacuum. Dane does all of the vacuuming. In fact, I am so used to it that when he leaves I often forget to vacuum until midnight and I am not too thrilled about pulling it out then. Trust me with Anders in the house, vacuuming each night is a necessity.
4. Women's Bike Ride night! I get to go and not worry about finding a babysitter to watch the kids.
3. Cooking. It is just not the same making a full on meal with two boys who have very different ideas about what is great food and not as much of an adventurous spirit as Dane and I have when it comes to food. Not only do we make great food, Dane does all of the clean up! Who wouldn't love that!
2. Bike Rides together. These are some of my favorite times spent with Dane. It is a chance to talk (with Bjorn we don't get to talk much as he likes to do all of the talking), enjoy the beautiful scenery here in Colorado and get some much needed exercise.
1. Waking up next to my sweetheart! It is just not the same waking up to a 5 year old who has crawled into your bed in the middle of the night and a 10 year old sleeping on the floor of your room.
Here's to you Dane and your three weeks home!
Cinnamon Roll Bubble Bites
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment