Yesterday we acquired a new pet. Anders comes up to me in my bedroom to show me that he has caught a small beetle. I give him the usual "Cool" comments you are supposed to as a mom and proceed to continue what I was doing (which was not much). I then hear him downstairs rummaging around in the cupboards. I call down to ask what he was doing and he replies, "Trying to find a home for my beetle." I ask him not to use anything glass and a few minutes later he comes upstairs with a mostly empty water bottle with the beetle inside. He then goes and gets some grass for him to eat and places him in his bedroom. I tell him he can watch a movie until we have to pick up Bjorn from Scout camp. He says he can't because Bugger(this is the beetle's name) is taking a nap and that the movie would wake him up. Well, Bugger took a really long nap and I thought that nap had taken him to the other side, but Bugger seems to have survived the move from outside freedom to apartment living. He is slowly moving up in his new digs, along with a droplet of water, and I think that Bugger might be looking for a more upscale neighborhood soon. So if you have any great property you are willing to sell, Bugger is in the market despite Anders new found talent as a landlord.
1 comment:
i love that he was quiet so bugger could nap, now that's funny!
Post a Comment