A couple of weeks ago Jenn, one of my best friends in the whole wide world, came for a visit. Jenn is my scrapbook buddy. When we lived in Washington we would go to crop nights at the local scrapbook stores and stay out very late scrapbooking our lives or the lives of the members of our families. One of the things we did was hit up some local scrapbook stores while she was here. We had no time constraints and no children with us. It was pure HEAVEN to peruse the store looking at all the new products and what we might do with them.
Yesterday I went to that same scrapbook store with my children. And let me tell you it was not HEAVEN! First of all it is summer so there is no school. Second, Dane is out of town in Atlanta so I have to take the kids on every errand. Third, we were at a scrapbook store! I just needed a couple of pieces of paper for an album that I am doing with Dane's job taking him around the country. It would have taken me about 5 minutes to get in and out but the kids decided to use it as cross country running course and my blood pressure, which was very good earlier that morning at the doctor's office, was now about through the roof!
Let's just say I am thankful for the little bit of Heaven I had with Jenn last week in one of my favorite stores!
Cinnamon Roll Bubble Bites
2 months ago
2 comments:
it is so nice to have those heaven moments so the hellish ones are more bearable...i always try to go to my happy place when things go to pot...pretending like they aren't your children and deep breaths help too!
I like the pretending they aren't your children. I can't ever remember doing stuff like that in stores as a kid, then I remembered that we used to like to hide in the Granimals clothes racks in Gemco.
Post a Comment