Today all elementary students had the day off due to literacy assessment days. This meant that Bjorn had school. I was quietly working in my classroom when I was paged by the office that I needed to call the middle school as Bjorn had chipped his tooth. I quickly call the school and ask if I need to call a dentist. They say yes. So here I am imagining worse case scenarios until I can arrive. Luckily, the school is down the street from where I teach. I arrive at school to a pretty upset preteen. He tripped in gym and landed on his face. Here are the results:
We then went to the dentist. We have the best pediatric dentist in town! He is so nice, laid back and very thorough. He takes x-rays and lo and behold, he has broken it so the nerve is exposed. He tells us that we can't wait to have it fixed so gives Bjorn nitrous oxide. Bjorn was a little out of it for about an hour. Luckily, the school had found the broken pieces (yes, it broke off in two pieces). The dentist was able to grind down the nerve, add some calcium and put the pieces together and bond them to the remaining part of the tooth. All for $99!! What a bargain as I was expecting $300-$400. Unfortunately, there is a 50/50 chance the bond won't hold and he will eventually need a root canal. But for now he is back to his handsome self and not a snaggletooth!
No comments:
Post a Comment