My plan is to have 18 dinner meals in my pantry and freezer. My goal is to have enough to make 5 of each of these meals, or 90 meals total. I have 9 meals planned out to purchase this summer and I plan to add to this throughout the year. Here is my first meal: chicken enchiladas. This is one I got from my sister. They are so easy to make and freeze. I always double the recipe to cook one and freeze one. This 8x8 pan serves my family with a meal left over for me to take to work the following day.
Chicken Enchiladas
1 large can chicken, 2 poached chicken breasts or 2 cups of shredded chicken from a roasted chicken ( I like Costco's the best.)
1 28-ounce can or 2 14-ounce cans of enchilada sauce ( Hatch Green Chile is one of my favorites)
1/2 cup of sour cream
Shredded cheddar or jack cheese(I love cheese so I just eyeball what looks good)
12 flour tortillas ( I used some whole wheat tortillas from our local farmers' market)
1. Place chicken in a large bowl. Mix with sour cream, a splash of enchilada sauce and some shredded cheese.
2. Pour 1/3 of enchilada sauce in bottom of 2 -8x8 pans or 1- 9x13 pan. Divide tortillas between the two pans. Take one tortilla and soak both sides in the sauce in the pan.
3. Fill with a spoonful of chicken mixture and some more shredded cheese. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
4. Pour the rest of the sauce over the filled tortillas, dividing equally between the two pans.
Top with remaining shredded cheese.
5. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or cover with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil and freeze for up to three months.
Everyone will love this version. My sister won the Best Enchilada contest at her church with this recipe. It is the sour cream that makes it so delicious. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does. If you have any great recipes that you would like to share that would be great for the freezer or food storage, please let me know.
Happy eating!
No comments:
Post a Comment