![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |
| . |
Here is a slide show from this summer and this past weekend. We have been quite busy since the last time I posted. Here is a quick update of our life: July 25-Principal at Bjorn's school calls me to let me know she has to hire another 3rd grade teacher. Wants me to apply for the job. July 28-Apply for job July 29-Interview for job July 30-Get job August 6-Start teaching third grade and my first year of teaching! I am so loving it! I was not planning on looking for a job until next year, but this was such a blessing in our lives. I feel as if I was just handed this job on a plate. It is only a one year contract as the teacher whose position I took is in a one year position at the district. I am working really hard to make sure I have a position there next year. Anders started full day kindergarten and Bjorn started 5th grade. Dane was home for 7 weeks and then deployed to New Orleans for Hurricane Gustav. He is still there. He came home last weekend and we had a great time. Missing him lots! He was a great house husband my first month of school! Spent a day in Rocky Mountain National Park. It was so much fun and it so beautiful there. Passed my teacher's test in August a couple days after I got my job. Anders started playing soccer. The pictures of him looking mean at the boy from the opposite team is because he is covering him and the boy is not standing still. Last weekend at the game, Anders yelled at another boy who was moving away from him, "Hey I am covering you!" Bjorn started the swim team. We have some happy grandparents to finally have a grandchild swimming. He went to his first practice meet today. I was waxing a bit nostalgic remembering the good times growing up at the pool. Although I must say, the indoor pool is a bit nicer for the parental folks than what my parents had to deal with and still do deal with. I have been warned by my dad not to succumb to the swim meet volunteering as I will end up like my mom! We are back to school tomorrow after our two week fall break! That means no more sleeping in, taking naps or just reading a book for fun! Although I can't complain because at the end of the school day I always ask myself, "Was that work?" And I always answer no because teaching is way too much fun! |

1 comment:
love all the pics...esp of the perturbed anders...so glad you are a teacher, emma wishes you were hers and adam well he wishes there were no such thing as teachers!
Post a Comment